Monday, November 3, 2008

Lakawon Island in Cadiz City



Red speed boat in Lakawon



It was raining when we decided to visit Lakawon Island in Cadiz City, Negros Occidental. It was a one or two hour trip from Bacolod. One may take Ceres Bus from a terminal in Bacolod and ask the bus conductor to drop you on that point where you have to ride tricycle to reach the seaside. The boat ride took around 30 minutes. Luckily the rain stopped as we arrived in Lakawon but the island seemed to be secluded though there is a resort that offers simple accommodation and facilities.





Lush greens after the rain





Bar by the beach wih coconut trees




My friends seemed not enjoying our day tour because of the whether and the tide was low. But that did not stop me from taking some pictures that made me appreciate the island better. Again, it’s an ideal beach for me; quiet and serene.







Grounded on the beach







Taken during one of my 'serenity walks'




The only setback for me was the service in the resort facility. The food was so expensive, took several minutes to prepare, but not satisfying because the serving was limited. I thought it should be a good idea to bring your own food and have a picnic by the beach. Or I don’t know, maybe the resort is not prepared that day because of the whether.







Lakawon after the rain



I’d like to go back and see Lakawon on a summer, maybe it would be much better than the pictures I took with me back home.



No comments: