Monday, November 3, 2008

Getting Fit in Mambukal, Murcia



I made sure to pass my stress test in MMC before heading back to Bacolod to see MassKara Festival for a second straight year with my office friends Marj, Shing, Lotty, John, Jini, and JP. Luckily, my test was satisfactory. Mambukal is making hype every time one goes to Bacolod or Negros Occidental. It’s a 45-minute drive from a Bacolod terminal to Murcia. The bus will stop right at the gate of Mambukal.  The Mambukal Resort lies 1,200 feet or about 366 meters above sea level and serves as a gateway to the Mount Kanlaon Volcano.



Mambukal Resort landmark






It was redeveloped as online reviews said and it offers several physical activities that would challenge your limits. We tried the wall climbing. During my college days, I can still climb the wall up to the top and rappel on the other side. This time I wasn't able to do so because of my weight. But my lame excuse was, the sun was up and the rocks were a bit hot that I could not hold them properly.




One of the physical activities in Mambukal



Trees...more trees please...


After a hefty lunch, we started walking uphill to see the seven falls that Mambukal boasts. Out of seven, we only reached the fourth falls. It was fun but so tiring. Along the trail, you will several rock formations, bats, canopy walk and other sights. As we went back to our room, we took the different trail to better appreciate Mambukal.



One of the seven falls in Mambukal


Some of my office friends took a swim right after but some of us decided to stay in our room and chose to rest after the long walk. Hehehe…I guess it’s time to get fit. Hay..


FOOT NOTEs:

1. Getting there. Murcia is only a twenty-minute drive from Bacolod City by private car, about 30 to 45 minutes by Public Utility Vehicles, and flying this route can reach the municipality in almost the same time. Bus fare from Bacolod to Murcia is P 35.00

2. http://www.mambukalhaven.com






No comments: